Tuesday, May 1, 2012

After Calling Indonesia “Some Random Country", Justin Bieber Says He Loves Indonesia


Following a storm of criticism after calling Indonesia “some random country", pop star Justin Bieber said on Monday that he loves Indonesia.

“One rumor I won’t stand for is saying what me and my fans have isn’t real", he tweeted on his Twitter account @justinbieber. “Indonesia I see you. I love you. I love all my fans. #fact”

He also tweeted, “You can’t break us. All the lies and rumors in the world can’t phase us. This is #family".

Bieber was heavily criticized by Indonesian fans, musicians and radio DJs, after his statement at the Supperclub in London about his new album, “Believe".


“I was in some random country,” Bieber began, as his manager Scott “Scooter” Braun, interjected: “Indonesia".

“I recorded it in a studio,” Bieber said. “Some little place. They didn’t know what they were doing".
On Saturday, Indonesian pop singer Syahrini demanded Bieber apologize to Indonesian fans.

On her Twitter account, Syahrini, who has nearly 500,000 followers, tweeted, “Justin Bieber has to apologize to Indonesian people".

Amid the criticism, a radio station in Medan, North Sumatra, decided to ban Bieber’s songs.

Frina, a radio station administrator, told the Jakarta Globe on Monday that the reason behind banning his songs was nationalism.

“We temporarily banned him until the end of April", Frina said. “We don’t know yet whether to extend it or not",

Frina said the radio station did not demand an apology as Syahrina had, but wanted to express its opinion regarding Bieber’s statement.

“However, he has posted something admitting Indonesia in his Twitter", Frina said.

His latest tweets have prompted positive reactions from Indonesian fans.

Twitter account @JbieberofIndo wrote, “I cried when I saw Justin tweeted something about Indonesia. Beliebers Indonesia Loves Justin Bieber".

Another big fan club with the Twitter account @JbeeIndonesia had a similar reaction.

“Indonesia Loves Justin Bieber. We never leave him because we are true beliebers".

No comments:

Post a Comment